Hachiroku.net | Forums
Go Back   Hachiroku.net | Forums > Main Category > Tech and Performance
Reload this Page LSD Install / Rear End Rebuild Parts List

(#21) Old
RTN

Default 07-14-2006, 10:10 PM

You have non-LSD axles. If you want to use the factory LSD, you need to shorten them 5-8mm (more info here: http://www.dreamsofdrifting.com/ae86/axles/index.htm).

You can also go the aftermarket route like with your Cusco LSD and not have to shorten your axles.

About the ring and pinion/bearings, I get the same part number when I do a search for the factory part, so I don't think they are any different. Stock R&P is 43:10 (4.3) for GTS rear.

(#22) Old
beeh86

Default 07-15-2006, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwolf Ae86
sorry for the noob question but since we're talking about rear ends and all..
My 86 never came with a LSD.. and i talked to a shop and they said i have to get some 4.77 gears or something.. Is this right?

The shop said they'll have to add bearings and everything new in to make the LSD work. I always thought you just buy an LSD and pop it in?

I have a brand new Cusco 1.5 WAY LSD and initially, i assumed you just open up the car's rear diff and pop it in.. but the shop said i'm going to need new bearings, 4.77 gear or something like that.

Can anybody clear this up?

All you need is new carrier barrings.. and a new seal.. cuase open diff doesnt come with one.. but besides those two parts.. pop it in.. also make sure you get lsd or have lsd axles cuase the non lsd axles wont pop it
  Send a message via AIM to beeh86  
  (#23) Old
beeh86

Default 07-15-2006, 08:01 AM

i had to shorten my axles when i used my cusco 2-way.. didnt pop in so i bought brand new lsd axles.. and make sure you get the corresponding year axles to the corresponding year differrential
  (#24) Old
beeh86

Default 07-15-2006, 08:05 AM

the splines are different