OST-043: Deutscher größerer Ventilkopf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OST-043: Deutscher größerer Ventilkopf

This box came from Georgia..... but my client is a bit further away....... anyone care to take a guess where?

More to come.......
    Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

"Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be."

- Thomas a Kempis

Originally posted by from another forum
    and Kelford cams. Cam specs please.
    this is one of Kelford's bigger cam options - 193HV-A...

and the specs...

Question: What does that cam card tell me that adds to my work????

The head is pretty "skanky"....

Disassembly goes smoothly enough....

Journals in decent shape.... and chambers not too bad... although the valve seats have seen a great deal of moisture, good thing those seats will be removed for larger seats

More to come........

"Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be."

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Originally posted by oldeskewltoy View Post

This box came from Georgia..... but my client is a bit further away....... anyone care to take a guess where?

.....In reference to Nick Hogan's wreck.....[QUOTE=ezmoney]Just another reason to drive a corolla. Because in order for there to be a high speed accident, your car has to go high speeds.[/QUOTE]

Comment

double post...........

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

The lift is so insane that it will be hitting something? You need to make it clear?
          yep.... I'll need to clearance each cam lobe so that it can rotate without obstruction

Originally posted by oldeskewltoy

although the valve seats have seen a great deal of moisture, good thing those seats will be removed for larger seats
          Yes it is a good thing.........

This is #8 valve's seat

And these are #5, 4, and 3

more to come......

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

been awhile... they managed to fit me in....

OST-043 getting the seats removed, and machining the head to accept new seats.

more to come.......

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

prepped... waiting for the next step

more to come.....

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Which, will of course be, another flow test (before any port work) to determine the benefits of oversized valves in a 4age head.

Right?

Great opportunity to dispel any myths and supply genuine data in regards to this modification.
                The ONLY work performed on intake #1 will be the 3 angle, and simple blending of the new seat into the bowl(less then 3/4" deep)....

... looking at the splitter that is evident.

The other 3 will get ported.

This view shows that the oversized seats in chambers #1 and #2 have been blended, but careful viewing inside chamber 1 shows the blending is only so deep, and that the guides are still untouched

A different view, this time at the mostly finished #2, and the yet to be started #3

More to come........

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Exhaust side next.......

2 down... 2 to go... Note these ports fit either the SV3 copper gasket, or the blacktop gasket

more to come....

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Hmmmm, I missed a post....

Remember this head came with an ITB adapter. Well this ITB adapter is a well designed piece! I'm pretty sure it is a TecArt ITB adapter, and I'm a fan!

Once I did the taper on the intake port roof[s]... the intake adapter is such a nice fit...... and notice the wonderful angle down now, instead of horizontal

I wish I had @ my disposal a T3 adapter so I could put them both on the bench...

more to come......

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

The head is currently back @ the shop getting the seats cut

back in my care to get the bowls, and seats set to a consistent diameter, next week it goes back to have the cam clearances set, and then back in my care once again to set chamber volumes.

My client is using Mahle type F/A pistons, so chamber volume will be set to 37cc, to give him a static compression of 11.8:1

More to come....

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Working...
                      X