No announcement yet.

Surreptitious....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as far as I know this is the only AE71 that can LEGITIMATELY carry this vinyl...

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

"Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be."

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

• I try to be careful when it comes to accessorizing Surreptitious... don't want her looking trashy... So these became available....

and I jumped on them... fit isn't bad...

They are just propped in there for now, I'll need to come up with a method to mount them securely as the original mounts were not included

"Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be."

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

• Pretty much since she has been roadworthy... she has had an annoying vibration at the front of the car when @ idle. It was slightly embarrassing as it idle, and made noise. For the longest time I had thought it was the air dam vibrating against the custom bumper. So I decided today I had had enough and I looked at what I could do. First, I tried to adjust the bumper... to no avail, the vibration continued. Then I climbed under the front while it was idling... and I saw the problem...... The air dam was indeed vibrating against something, but it wasn't the bumper. The airdam is shaped in such a way that the back side that fits to the lower valance, was vibrating.

I've fitted some foam weatherstripping between the air dam and the valance panel and the vibration is GONE!

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

• repairs????

Was out running a few heads out to the machine shop and all of a sudden the blinkers slow to a crawl.... found the directional relay, and replaced it....

Oh... I also acquired(purchased) a new set of wheels.... 15x6.5 +19 for the fronts, and 15x7 + 13 for the rears....

should be here in about 2 weeks......

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

• Originally posted by oldeskewltoy
            repairs????
            More repairs.......... well it has been over 7 years and close to 25k miles..........

Lost one cylinder all of a sudden on Tuesday... she sounded like a Subaru

I pulled plug wires and #1 cylinder was not firing I swapped #1 and #4 @ the coils, and now #4 was not firing. Borrowed a friends coil pack, and she fired up on all 4.

Decided to purchase a pair so both will be new/fresh

- Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Working...
            X