[For sale] Racing transmission with straight cut gears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For sale] Racing transmission with straight cut gears

For sale is a type-e rocket 4-speed racing transmission with straight cut synchro gears.

This is a Ford transmission which is very light (24kg vs 30kg for the T50), strong and reliable. It comes with a special bellhousing which allo wes you to bolt it up to your 4A-GE engine.

The transmission is in a good shape and all gears are engaging very smoothly and it doesnt make any strange sounds.

It was used with just ~ 170hp, so not even close to the 230-240hp power rating of the gears.

I am converting to another engine, hence the sale.

Transmission Info:
    Ford Type-E 4 Speed close ratio 'Rocket' gearbox
    It comes with Tran-X straight cut gears (Tran-X is now a division of Quaife)
    Ratios are: 2.48 - 1.69 - 1.28 - 1

The gear engagement is normal, so this is not a sequential transmission. Hence it has service intervals like a normal transmission.

I will also include:

- Propshaft (you will need to cut the front part off and get it welded on your exisiting propshaft)
    - Lightweight flywheel (stock 4A-GE one, but machined extensively)
    - Clutch (special clutch from fensport.co.uk, clutch cover will suit 4A-GE flywheel, clutch plate will match Ford type-e spline. You should consider to replace the clutch plate for a new one, it still has life in it (~7mm thick) but not much)
    - clutch fork

The transmission gears are worth ~ GBP 950.00 alone, a stock type-e rocket transmission is very rare and is ~ GBP 350.00 by itself.

I will let the transmission, propshaft, flywheel, clutch go for GBP 1200.00. I will also include a complete brand new gasket kit for free.
    Shipping worldwide and payment via Paypal is possible.

Working...
X